Archive for the ‘Freediving’ Category
"100 trillion cells. 280 days. One human life. A BBC Science series, produced in partnership with The Open University, exploring the making of you."
On Monday 28th September you may have seen the National Diving & Activity Centre feature on BBC 2 Science show ‘Countdown to Life: The Extraordinary Making of You‘.
The whole show is fascinating and well worth watching and you can catch it on the IPlayer. If you don’t want to watch the whole thing, the freediving section starts at around 46 minutes in
SaltFree Divers offer freediving courses, training, coaching and competitions at all levels at The National Diving and Activity Centre, a beautiful flooded quarry in Chepstow, near Bristol.
Their purpose-built freediving platform is the deepest of its kind in the UK, possibly in the world, fully equipped for safety and comfort.
Whether you want to learn to dive deeper, hold your breath longer or perfect your underwater swimming technique, SaltFree is the perfect location for Constant Weight and Free Immersion breath hold dive training.
Find out more about Saltfree and book on their courses via their website at www.saltfree.biz
This product has been developed to help maintain correct depth following deep dives through visible measured stop points. This allows for a safer decompression ascent.
The Board-Easy Deco-Stop is currently on test at The National Diving & Activity Centre and will be installed at the 50m end of the pontoons for you to try out.
Board-Easy produce a range of semi-rigid boarding ladders for all types of craft that take the strain of getting out of the water. These ladders have a range of uses but are of particular interest to divers and snorkelers who require an easy way to board their boats and are especially suited for RIBs where normal boarding ladders are just too large to carry and stowe.
• Strong, Light Weight, Highly Visible, easy to use and store, made from boat and person friendly materials.
• Ladder sinks to correct position ready for use,
great for divers returning to boat.
• Can be mounted in many different ways using your own Carabiner clips or lines.
• Fully adjustable from 50 cm up to 200 cm in standard size, longer if required.
• Comes with 3 rigid rungs as standard but can be ordered with extra rungs from the shop.
• Perfect for Inflatable Rib Boats where it is difficult to have standard rigid ladders on board.
• With a line attached, it can also assist in a man overboard situation where it could be an instant boarding aid.
• 12 months warranty against manufacturing defects, 7 days no quibble returns for unused and unopened product.
We’d love to know what you think of the Board-Easy Deco-Stop. Why not comment on the Board-Easy Facebook page
For more details on their range of products, please visit the Board-Easy website
In this amazing video, Saltfree freedivers Daan and Tim show what it’s like to explore the plane with just a single breath of air.
The BAE 146 Airplane is 68 foot long, 30 foot high and sits around 30 metres deep in the waters of Chepstow’s National Diving & Activity Centre.
Find out more about Freediving at the NDAC on the SaltFree Divers page>
We have recently installed five new 40ft long pontoons in the NDAC diving quarry.
This extra pontoon space also creates a bridge to the Saltfree freediving platform so they no longer need to take a boat trip before diving.
This development is something a lot of the divers have been asking for and is part of our ongoing investment plans, which will see half a million pounds invested in the centre.